How to Clean and season cast iron Revere Ware Cookware
1. Build a small fire in the grill. You can get kindling fire wood at most convenience stores.
2. When the fire is about half coals put in the pot or Revere Ware Cookware fry pan.Don,t worry about rust or old grease it will burn off. Turn the pot around the fire so to get all sides inside and out.
3. Remove your Revere Ware Cookware pot with a pot holder or pliers. Look out it will be vary hot. Let it cool down on the ground or some place safe. Scour the cool pot with 00 steel wool and wipe clean. DON”T use any soap of any kind.
4. Warm the Revere Ware Cookware pot up with the fire or on the stove. Now coat the pot or fry pan with good old LARD. You can still buy it at most stores near the vegetable oil or the dairy case. Let it cool and wipe off any excess. All you need is enough to wet the surface. Don’t use vegetable oil it will go rancid and turn into glue. I have had people come to me with a pot with the lid glued on from vegetable oil. The lard doesn’t go rancid if you get it hot enough on the pot. If you like, put the pot or pan in the oven at 350 deg for a while. When you want to use the pan just wipe out the dust and cook. NEVER,NEVER,NEVER use soap on the Revere Ware Cookware cast iron. If something sticks or burns just boil water in the pot and scrape out the food with a plastic or wood spatula. Dry out the cast iron on the burner and coat with lard. Processed lard has less saturated fat than butter. You won’t be eating more than a drop of lard per use .
How to Remove Black Stains From Revere Ware Cookware
1. Thoroughly wet the scouring pad and squeeze out any excess water. Leave the stained area of the Revere Ware Cookware pot dry.
2. Place a dime-sized amount of toothpaste directly on the stain. You may need more toothpaste if the stain is large.
3.Use the polyester scouring pad to scrub the toothpaste into the stain in a circular motion. The stain will immediately begin to disappear.
4. Rinse the toothpaste lather from the pan with clear water.
5. Polish up the entire bottom of a copper-bottomed Revere Ware Cookware pan with copper cleaner after the black stains are gone. Apply the copper cleaner to the entire bottom and scrub in a circular motion with a fresh polyester scouring pad. This step is especially necessary since the toothpaste will polish up the copper as it removes the black stain, leaving behind a single spot of shiny copper on the pan bottom.
6. Wash the entire Revere Ware Cookware pan in warm water and dish washing detergent.
7. Rinse and dry the clean Revere Ware Cookware pan.
How to Clean Scorched Revere Ware Cookware
Cold Cleaning Solutions
Combine equal parts of ketchup or tomato paste and water together–enough to cover the scorched area–and apply it to the inside or outside of your Revere Ware Cookware.
Wait 30 minutes and rinse the cookware off.
If the scorch marks remain, mix equal parts of baking soda and water to make a paste. Apply it to your cookware and scrub with a fine steel wool or a scratch-resistant scrubbing pad.
Wipe away the mixture with a microfiber cloth or sponge. Wash with mild detergent and a microfiber cloth and rinse completely with hot water.
Hot Cleaning Solution
Pour 1/2 cup of white vinegar and 1/2 cup of water into your Revere Ware Cookware and bring it to a boil. If cleaning the outside of your cookware, bring to a boil in a pot larger than the one you’re cleaning, place the bottom of the scorched pot or pan into the boiling vinegar and water, and soak it for approximately 10 minutes.
Set aside the Revere Ware Cookware to cool completely.
Rinse the Revere Ware Cookware wash it with a mild detergent with a microfiber cloth and/or a scratch-resistant scrubbing pad and rinse again with hot water to remove any soap residue.
Revere Ware Cookware
Is Revere Ware Aluminum?
Revere Ware Cookware is a well-known brand of cookware made in the U.S.A. Tracing its roots to American patriot Paul Revere, the earliest utensils were crafted of copper and stainless steel. World Kitchen LLC now owns the company and produces four lines of distinctive Revere Ware Cookware stovetop cookware.
Revere Ware Cookware is best known for introducing copper-bottom, stainless steel pots and pans. According to the Revere Ware website, W. Archibald Welden designed the line and introduced it in 1939.
Copper Clad Revere Ware
Welden’s Revere Ware Cookware offered several advantages over its competition. The cookware was lightweight and featured rounded edges that were easy to clean. Revere Ware’s copper bottoms heated quickly and evenly.
Stainless Steel Tri-Ply
Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Revere Ware is not copper clad. Rather, this line utilizes the technology of aluminum disc bottoms for even heat distribution. Tempered glass lids allow cooks to watch foods as they heat.
Hard Anodized Aluminum
Anodized aluminum cookware is easy to clean and can be placed in the oven. Revere claims that its hard anodized aluminum pots and pans are stronger than stainless steel and can withstand oven temperatures to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Revere Ware Cookware non-stick aluminum line is oven-safe to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This product line has a 5-year warranty while the other Revere cookware styles have 25-year warranties.
Revere Ware Cookware
How to Clean Revere Ware Cookware
1. Wash Revere Ware Cookwarewith warm soapy water and a soft clean cloth or sponge; though Revere Ware is dishwasher-safe, the handles and knobs can begin to fade with too much dishwasher usage. Dry the Revere Ware Cookwarewith a soft clean dry towel.
2. Soak tough burned-on food by filling the pot or pan with hot water and adding 2 tsp. of dish soap. Allow the Revere Ware Cookwareto soak for at least two hours before scrubbing away the debris with a plastic scouring pad.
3. Remove lime scale buildup from a Revere Ware Cookware tea kettle by filling it with equal parts white vinegar and water and placing it on the stove to boil for 10 minutes. Rinse the tea kettle out well and place upside down with the lid off to drain and dry.
Revere Ware Cookware
Find Your Revere Ware Cookware
Step 1 Check to make sure you have a Revere Ware Cookware Stainless Steel pot. The logo should be on the bottom of the pot in the center.
Step 2 Go to Revere Ware Cookware website listed below and fill in the contact form with all your information. This will start the process and they will quickly be in touch with you. Be prepared to list exactly what kind of a pot it is and what size it is and what the defect is, eg. a Revere Ware Cookware pot cover has a broken handle.
Step 3 Add their address to your email address list so it will not be classified as spam, or check your spam folder for their response. Expect to receive an email from them within a few days.
Step 4 Watch your doorstep for a package with your new pots or covers if they approve your claim. You will be back in shape, cooking with great cookware by Revere Ware Cookware.
Welcome to WordPress.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it and start blogging!